The Lawyer of the Day Program seeks to improve the efficiency of the court system by providing indigent, self-represented litigants and individuals in need of emergency relief with assistance in completing forms, affidavits, simple pleadings, financial statements and explanations of courtroom procedures.
If you are an individual representing yourself and either qualify for indigent services or are in need of emergency relief, you may sign up to meet with the Lawyer of the Day at court. To sign up, you must check-in at the Registry office. Please be advised that in order to use the Lawyer of the Day, you MUST meet eligibility requirements.
A volunteer Lawyer of the Day may be available as follows:
NEW BEDFORD PROBATE COURT
Mondays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
FALL RIVER PROBATE COURT
Tuesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
TAUNTON PROBATE COURT
Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
- The above days and times are subject to change without notice.
- Volunteer lawyers may not be available on the day listed above due to unexpected scheduling conflicts.
- You should call the main Registry Office at (508) 977-6040 to confirm if a Lawyer of the Day is scheduled in a particular location.
- The Program is run on a 1st come, 1st served basis.
- Volunteer lawyers may assist you but they are NOT assigned to represent you in a matter before the court.