Filing Fee: $15.00

Click on the   to read the INSTRUCTIONS and/or complete the FORMS.  All Forms should be completed in PERMANENT BLACK INK!

If you receive an error message about your version of Adobe Reader while trying to open a court PDF, the error message you received was probably misleading. The issue isn't with your version of Adobe Reader. Most computers have Adobe Reader, but many browsers don't use it by default. To be sure you're using Adobe Reader:

  • Open the form using Internet Explorer if possible. 
  • Otherwise, download the form and then open it using Adobe Reader, rather than opening it within your browser. On many computers, you can do this by right-clicking on the file name and selecting "Save As" or "Save Link As".
  • Finally, if Adobe Reader isn't installed on your computer, you can download it at:
Form Name Description Of Form Form Instructions
Petition for Appointment of Guardian of Minor The Petitioner(s) must complete all sections on this form.
Bond Person(s) requesting to be guardian(s) must complete this form to indicate the value of any assets the Minor may have.  
Affidavit Disclosing Care or Custody Proceedings Complete this form to let the court know if there are any care or custody proceedings regarding the child in Massachusetts or any other state.
Public Assistance Affidavit Complete this form to let the court know if you or the minor child receives public assistance.  
Verified Motion for Appointment of Temporary Guardian for a Minor Complete this form only if you want to become Temporary Guardian due to an emergency and need an immediate hearing.  
Request for Record Information (CORI) This completed form will be required at the court hearing.  
Notarized Waiver and Consent to Petition for Guardianship of Minor This form is used for the parent(s) to agree to you being guardian. It must be signed in the presence of a Notary.  
Notarized and Verified Consent or Nomination by Minor The minor, age 14 or older, has the right to consent or refuse to consent to an appointment of a guardian by completing this form and signing in the presence of a Notary.  
Application for Permission to Provide Information This form is used for an individual (who may not be a party to the action) to provide information to the court regarding the guardianship proceeding.  
Appearance and Objection This form is used for an interested person to object to a guardian(s) being appointed.  
Request for Counsel Any person, including the minor if over the age of 14, may request that an attorney be appointed to protect the best interests of the minor if they believe their interests are not adequately represented.  
Annual Report of Guardian of Minor A guardian must report on the condition of the minor at least once a year. Complete all sections of this form and file it with the court when due.  
Petition for Removal of Guardian of a Minor Use this Petition to request that a guardian(s) of a minor be removed.  
Petition for Resignation of Guardian of a Minor Use this Petition to request to resign from being the guardian(s) of a minor  
General Petition Use this Petition to request court ordered visitation or court ordered child support.